Naeem Zafar: Bio
- Naeem is now advising start-up companies and in the midst of a new start-up.
- Until November 2013 , Naeem was the president and CEO of Bitzer Mobile, a company that simplifies enterprise mobility. The company was purchased by Oracle in 2013. Bitzer Mobile helped Management and employees become more productive, enterprise CIOs, IT and developers are looking for a comprehensive mobile solution. Bitzer provides a platform that allows IT personnel to mobilize existing enterprise applications very rapidly.
- A member of the faculty of the School of Engineering at the University of California Berkeley, Naeem teaches Entrepreneurship and Innovation in the MBA program. Naeem is the founder of Startup-Advisor.com and focuses on educating and advising entrepreneurs on all aspects of starting and running a company. Naeem’s entrepreneurial experience includes working directly with six startups, and he has extensive experience in mentoring and coaching founders and CEOs.
- Until 2007, Naeem was the president and CEO of Pyxis Technology Inc., a company specializing in advanced chip design software for nanometer technology. Naeem has also been president and CEO of two other high tech startups (Silicon Design Systems and Veridicom, a Bell Labs spin-off that invented the silicon fingerprint sensors today found on most laptops). Naeem has held senior marketing and engineering positions at several companies including Quickturn Design Systems that had an IPO in 1993 and grew to $125M in revenues.
- Naeem holds a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering from Brown University (magna cum laude), Rhode Island, and a master’s degree in electrical engineering from the University of Minnesota.
- Naeem is a charter member of TiE (The Indus Entrepreneurs www.TiE.org ).He is also a charter member of OPEN ( www.OPENSiliconValley.com ) where he serves as the Board member.
Pictures & Travels:
- Antarctica (2004)
- North America
- South America
- Africa (1996 & 2003)
Rakaposhi Mountain, Northern Pakistan
Queens Town, New Zealand
Masai Mara, Kenya
Machu Pichhu, Peru
Lake Nakuru, Kenya
Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, California